At this stage of life, when I look back in time…I realize how far we’ve all reached. They are pages of a blank note book. Each page having its own story. If time travel was possible and you could go back in time and say something to your younger self.. write a note to your younger self.. have you thought what would it be?
Well I was asked to answer that in just two words. And I couldn’t. I kept on thinking. Which was the most important thing to tell? And I couldn’t answer it.
Here is what I thought..
- You don’t have to be perfect. The first thing that came to my mind. Imperfections, they are your identity. It’s ok not to be perfect in everything. There are things you won’t get right always. From doing your hairs to completing some important task. It’s ok !
- Choose to do. There will be points in life where you’ll have to choose between things. Choose wisely. Choose freely. Take charge. As no matter what you choose to do, you’ll regret not doing the other. But that’s how you become wise anyways!
- Do mistakes, Never give up. Yes, do mistakes. That’s how you are supposed to learn in life. Wisdom comes your way if you do mistakes. Do mistakes once, twice, thrice, nth number of times, till you find where you are wrong. Never give up. Doing mistakes are way better than doing nothing. You’ll learn. You’ll become a different person.
- Just be yourself. Just be yourself. Let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful and magical you. Cz you are one of a kind!
- You’ve got the guts to find your own purpose. However impossible it may seem. Yes, you’ve got the guts! You don’t need to believe in what others say. Pause or stop if you need to but you have the guts to find the path again. Find your own purpose you have in life.
- Invest. Invest in your passions. Invest in your dreams. Invest in quality times with your loved ones. Invest in creating memories to cherish.
- Know yourself. If you ever loose love. Don’t go out looking for it. Reach inside you and recreate what you lost. You are love. You cannot lose you.
So dear little me,
I haven’t talked to you before. It’s your older self writing here to you. Hope you are doing well.
I can see the struggles you are facing. I can see it in your eyes, that you feel like you don’t belong. I can see you are scared of what is to come. I can feel it in your soul that you are struggling and you need some guidance. You quiver at the sight of people and shudder at the touch of stranger. I know it’s not been fair enough for you. But hey! Don’t worry all this will lead to something good. I assure you. Hold on some more.
Live! dream! play! work! dance! sing! care! dare! fight! cry! Do everything you need to do at the moment. It’s okay! You’ll make it through this. Stay strong. Embrace happiness. The best is yet to come.
P.S : You need to stop over thinking. You’ll turn in to maniac. Seriously!
Your older self.